Wednesday, October 17, 2012

Snap, snap....click, click

Growing up I heard those sounds nearly evaryday of my life.....My dad was constantly behind the camera taking our picture. Whether we liked it or not, whether we agreed to smile or insisted on pouting he was going to capture the moment. I used to get so irriatated....Why the heck could he not just put the camera down, who cares that we just crossed the Mexican border or got an A on a math test?? Well, he did......and he knew down the road we would too. Now that I have Lincoln, I completely understand. My dad gave me a great camera and I find myself constantly snapping away. I'm definitley not a professional photographer and half of the photos aren't neccesarily pretty, but I'm determined to nab every last moment I can and save them forever.

So, here are just a few of those photos from the past month.

The weather has been so beautiful the past few weeks. We've taken every oppurtunity to get out and about. Thanks to our neighbor, Barry, we finally have a somewhat decent family photo (for once it's my husband in sweats and not me!).

September 23, 2012. Introducing Lincoln to OU football.
 
 
October 15th, 2012. Pizza pie!
October 1st, 2012. Pancakes!
Lincoln now has 7 teeth!! I've seen near two year olds with less teeth! I've been pretty hesitant feeding him a big vairety of foods due to his previous tummy trouble, but our doctor told me to go ahead and jump in (with a few exceptions, of course)....and because he didn't gain much weight over the past few months he even encouraged bulking up his calories. The words from his mouth were "add some butter and sour cream to those mashed potatos".
Paula Deen style everything?.... I can do that!
So, we added plain pancakes and waffles with butter and he even tried a little pizza! Although certain "someones" have been trying to give him pizza for months! ;)


October 5th, 2012.
This is just one of my favorite outfits and thanks to the overnight dip in weather not long ago he had a chance to wear it before he was too big!
Don't those elbow patches just make ya grin and say 'awww'?

Last Sunday's dinner was spent at Poppa-T and Shanny's house (my husband's grandparents). Linc played with two of his cousins, Amelia (20 mos.) and Abigail (almost 3) and as you can imagine, dinner was more than entertaining. I am so thankful for all the 'grands' and 'greatgrands' he has in his life. 






We spent an afternoon at the pumpkin patch...It was everyones first trip to one! He may be too young to really enjoy anything and was certianly only interested in trying to eat the pumpkins and hay, but I'm still so happy we took the time to go.

October 14th, 2012. Pumpkin patch wagon ride :)
I love my sweet little family. Thank you, Lord, for blessing me with such an amazing husband and happy baby boy.

No comments:

Post a Comment