Guess who is behind on her blog? Yep, that'd be me. Here is a little update on Linc. :)
Five new somethings about our little guy:
3. We have now introduced baby guacamole (avocado+formula)! He loves it!! The rice cereal was a challenge and while he was getting the hang of eating, you could tell he didn't necessarily care for the taste. I wish you could see this boy when he notices the glob of green mush in front of him….he almost nose dives out of his chair for the spoon!
4. He has a few new favorite things. He recently found his feet which instantly became two more things to try and eat....and he also has a new play mat that speaks with an English accent….Heck, I think I enjoy it as much as he does!
5. He sure seems to be thinking about crawling and is on the verge of sitting up! Ok, he only sits for about 10-15 seconds before toppling over and from his belly he’ll find his way to his hands and knees, from there he will rock back and forth a few times and flop back to his belly….we truly find it thoroughly entertaining.
Five somethings that haven’t changed:
1. We are still wearing 0-3 months in anything that doesn’t have feet. He’s gaining weight, but we’re still waiting on his “chubby baby” phase.
2. He’s still Billy Blanks in a white baby boy body. I swear it’s why he doesn’t gain quickly….the boy looks like he is working out all day long….kicking his feet, rolling all over the place, mini pushups….He must think he’s starring in his own baby workout DVD.
3. He still looks just like his daddy. Occasionally, I get a pity “I think he looks like you”, but 95% of the time that boy is a mirror image of Cameron when he was a baby...and, no worries, I accept that J
4. We’re still up at least once a night. He eats and is back to sleep in about 20 minutes...usually. A few nights we find ourselves with a smiling, cooing little boy at 2am. And, of course, every now and then we have those nights he wakes to eat twice or just doesn’t want to be left alone until he’s completely asleep. Those nights are crazy tough, but we’ve decided against the ‘cry-it-out stuff’ for now. I've already had another mom tells me it’s spoiling him….’to each their own’ right?
5. Those bright blue eyes and that big toothless grin still light up our world. It’s hard to even remember what life was like before him. Ok, I take that back…..those were the days of sleeping until noon on Saturdays and having extra in the bank, but how boring was that? ;) This little guy has us on our toes on a daily basis. I love sleep, but I sure love waking up to this face way more.