Linc is officially four weeks today; the days are passing too quickly already. He is growing and changing so much every day, it's really going to be difficult when my maternity leave ends. I return to work in 2-4 weeks (it's still in discussion) so I'm soaking up every last
minute second that I can with my little man. He's such a fun and alert little guy....well, when he isn't sleeping that is!
Now, a few Rookie Mistakes from my first month...
(I have a feeling this may become a regular part of this blog!)
- When changing a dirty diaper...get the dirty diaper out of the way! Don't leave it on the changing pad...Those wiggly little legs will have those cute little toes buried in poo in a matter of seconds.
- Use the 'peepee teepee' (if you have a boy, of course). Even when you're in a hurry...it's just too risky!
- After washing the suction bulb make sure there is no water left inside. Yep, I did it. I squirted him right in the face as I was closing in on the nostril. Side note: Maybe don't have the tip pointed at your baby's face period as you squeeze...*good thinkin, Cait.
- When you're using a baby monitor, you actually have to remember the monitor handheld. I can't tell you how many times I've been doing things around the house and that thing is still sitting on the charger in my room! Thank goodness I live in a small house.
- While nursing Lincoln this afternoon I desperately needed a drink, but both hands were tied...my sweet husband offered to help by pouring his drink in my mouth. Bad idea. Lincoln, myself and my Breastfriend (hehehe...that name still makes me giggle) were covered instantly in Dr. Pepper 10. What were we thinking??
- Don't shop online at 3am while nursing or trying to put little one back to sleep...this is just a bad, bad idea. I promise! (Dang that Ebay app makes it way too easy!)
My poor son...poopy feet, water shot to the face and drenched in pop....all in one day. Obviously, we're learning a little at a time. I'm sure there will be plenty more days filled with many more rookie mistakes, but at least it gives us plenty to laugh at when we go to bed and we'll have plenty of stories for this little guy when he gets older. :)